S.303 Academy for Career Exploration
Leader in Me
Begin with the End in Mind
Put First Things First
Seek First to Understand...
Sharpen the Saw
News Paper Club
Social Media Guidelines
Teachers & Staff
Meet Our Staff
I.S. 303 Alumni
College and Career Access
A Rating Four out of Five Years!
I.S. 303 is the
middle school in District 21 to receive an
rating on the New York City Progress Report four out of five years in a row!
The West Avenue Academy offers students a range of unique opportunities that not only support their academic achievement, but also serve to promote their social and emotional development.
These opportunities include:
Graduates of this program will receive credit for Two High School Regents courses (Math Algebra and Earth Science Regents).
Student Owned classrooms
where one teacher provides direct instruction to students for most of the core subjects.
The benefits of this program are listed below
1. This program offers middle school students the unique experience to receive high quality instruction in a nurturing environment from a
qualified teacher who is familiar with each student's individual needs.
2. Individualized instruction, as most classroom teachers are responsible for teaching the core subjects to only one in the 6th and 7th grades.
3. Increased instructional time during the school day, as students are not required to spend additional time passing in the hallways to get to each class.
4. Student rich environments: student work is displayed to reinforce previous instructional strategies.
5. Safer school environment as students are escorted during classroom passing (including physical education and lunch periods).
6. Student friendly environment where students are not required to carry their coats around the school during the day and have access to coat closets.
activities on Mondays to Friday, 2:20 - 5:15